Friday, March 20, 2009
Inspiration
There's a church in our town that displays sayings on either side that sparks my interest upon passing frequently on my daily errands. This weeks saying made me wish to start blogging. To share this saying with others that it might inspire. I'm not an overly religious person and I have never stepped inside this church but somehow this message board speaks to me weekly on matters that always seem to relate to my life. This week the church states "A trying time is not the time to quit trying". At first it read completely wrong in my head. Now I can see how sayings like this can relate to anyone's life because we all go through things that put us to the test. This week for example chewed my nursing group up and spat us out. I don't think there was a single individual in that room who did not doubt themselves and their choices. We all doubted our abilities, our aspirations. We all felt like quitting, throwing in the towel. As we sat there the next morning dreading the day ahead of us, wishing we were back in our beds, I think the true meaning of this sentence hit me. We all have goals for a reason. We all have bad days or weeks that just make us want to run for the hills and not look back. The point of looking back and not quitting is because life is full of challenges that make us stronger, more intelligent, kind, understanding, patient... the list can go on and on. We are challenged so that we can learn that we need to fight. We need to believe in ourselves and our ability to overcome. I believe that all of us that morning (even if they didn't have that message board to prompt them) came to the same realization. We are in this to win it and just because today was a bad day doesn't mean we cant shrug it off and say *sigh* "Well, tomorrows another day."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment