Thursday, March 26, 2009
Today's Uncertainty
I have never doubted myself as much as I doubt myself these days. Despite positive feedback from those around me I cannot help but think maybe Im not good enough, smart enough, determined enough... And I could continue for ages. Self-doubt is the worst part of trying to better yourself through post secondary education. I would like to say that I have the confidence to believe in myself no matter what I choose, no matter where I go or what I do. But the truth is that many days are spent in fear and anxiety of whether or not I have what it takes to do this. To achieve what I've set out to accomplish. I frequently find myself procrastinating and dwindling away the hours in self-doubt with growing anxiety. Which in the long run leaves me more behind, with more anxiety and self-doubt. As much as I want to believe that I can do this and will do this my mind always second guesses itself. I cant see the day coming where I feel confident enough in myself and my abilities to look into tomorrow with confidence. The future is full of doubt and mystery and I believe its the inability to control it that causes the second guessing. Yet its the mystery and uncontrollability that makes the future worth while and exciting. So I suppose since this unpredictability will never change it is me and my attitude towards it that needs to be changed. Tomorrow will be different then today, and that is what makes tomorrow worth getting to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment