Stress seems to strike hard when you are least suspecting it. On a rare break from insane nursing school I find myself unable to appreciate the time to myself and the copious amounts of hours to sleep. Instead I find myself keeping with tradition and staying up until 0230 thinking about inane things like wedding plans and upcoming papers for courses that havent started yet. Maybe it is the true nature of an OCD student to do such things on their infrequent breaks from sleepless nights and piles of work. But I also find that keeping with that schedule keeps me on track and ready to pick up again when need be. On the other hand it also means that I am still running low on rest and therefore common thought processes such as remembering to check if the door is unlocked before stepping outside and closing the door behind me do not occur. Here I find myself more stressed and exhausted then when I was in classes and wondering how that is even possible. Remembering to take time for yourself is not an easy feat when you have other things that require that time, those thoughts, and need your attention. These are times when it makes sense to identify generalized anxiety = me. Maybe my body runs off stress and anxiety; maybe I need it to keep going. I think I need to get a job.
Yes stress is inevitable, but you know u should keep going and you know you will find a job. In the mean time keep fighting and be happy!!
ReplyDelete