Saturday, January 16, 2010

Life lessons for Piggy

I have found that throughout my life everyone that has ended up being the most important to me were those who at first glance did not seem like my kind of people. It seems that all those messages taught to us as children were correct in saying “don’t always judge a book by its cover”. All these people who now mean the world to me, who I would die for, never started out that way. There is no way to know that the person sitting next to you on the bus will forever be a stranger, that you will never see them again. There is no way to know that that bitchy priss and the pink sweat pant suit tree hunger across the classroom are actually your best friends, the boy standing across the crowd at the bus station will be your husband one day or that picture of the spunky blue eyed mutt will be the best medicine to a bad day. What I’m getting at is that

I never knew that these people... and furry friend would be the individuals in my life that I love with all my heart. Because of these people I no longer make snap judgements on who I like and who I dont like, who I will talk to and who I wont talk to. Everyone you meet can end up being the most amazing person ever, make you laugh till you cry, cheer you up, be there for you when you need it. So the next time you walk past someone never judge them on their untidy hair, extra 5lbs or walmart purchased clothing. You never know, they might just be the best friend you could ever wish for. Take the time to get to know people before you pass them by.

No comments:

Post a Comment